Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

My hair started to come out in the back, so I cut the sides and back low and the top is long enough to cover (its in a bob) I'm sick of wearing the bob, but really didn't want to cut my hair, but it doesn't seem to be growing in that spot. What hair products etc can I use? I am African American, but my hair is some say the texture of doll hair, and usually it's thick, but doesn't seem to be that way now. Somebody help me before I pull a Brittney Spears!



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

I have used a product called "Doo-grow" in my hair. It helped with the thickness of it b/c I have thin hair. I also noted that my hair grew a little faster. They have a whole hair care line (shampoos, conditioners, oils, creams).



Other than that, I would have to say that the only way my hairstylist said that you could combat hair loss or lack of growth is to find out what caused it to stop growing in the first place. Go to an African American dermatologist and ask him or her.



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

Talk to my boo, she's all about hair.



And please do NOT go Brittney, you are way to beautiful to be compared to that crazy b***h.



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

Ha ha ha...don't shave your head...it's not attractive on all women. You really just need to condition it well, eat right, and drink plenty of water. Vitamins would help. Google vitamins for healthy hair for more info. Be patient.



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

Don't pull a Britney Spears ( and keep your drawers on!).



First of all, do you know what's taking your hair out in the back? If you do, stop doing that.



Second, go to the health food store or the vitamin store and get some B-complex or some hair vitamins with Biotin. Take them twice a day. And take some fish oil pills (twice a day). Drink lots and lots of water. This will grow your hair faster and stronger, grow your nails, and give you really nice skin.



Third, condition and moisturize!!! Use less heat and more moisture. Let your hair air-dry as much as possible and only blowdry for finishing. Or wrap or set and sit under the dryer. Avoid the curling iron. Use rollers and/or wrap your hair and tie it up at night with a silk scarf (cotton dries your hair out).



Use a protien deep conditioner every other week to prevent breakage. Use a good moisturizing conditioner every time you shampoo. Use a hot oil treatment on your ends once a month. Use a good moisturizing creme on your hairline and ends to prevent breakage.



DON'T MESS WITH YOUR HAIR. The fastest way to grow your hair is to just leave it alone. When it is long enough to pull back into a bun, wear it in a bun with your ends tucked under and leave it alone. Your hair won't get as dried out if it's not loose and you won't be tempted to put heat on it all the time. I grew my hair all the way down my back a few years ago just by washing, conditioning, moisturizing, braiding it and pulling it back in a bun (no dryer).



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

I'm african american and here's what works for me...



I don't use heat on my hair, pretty much at all... Unless i've JUST gotten a perm, and I sit under a hooded dryer. But besides that, I probably flat iron my hair once a month on a low setting, and when I wash I let it air dry.



I also moisturize DAILY! Once in the morning, and once before bed. I ALWAYS wrap my hair with a satin scarf before bed. I wash my hair once a week, and I co-wash (Wash with conditioner) about twice a week, because I work out 7 days a week. Most african american, tend to only wash once or twice a week... So it'll mostly depend on your hair texture and how often you work-out, or use products, etc.



Don't use products with petroleum or mineral oil, it you do, use it sparingly and DON'T put it on your scalp.



And there's this thing, called Shapley's MTG... Many Afircan American women SWEAR by this stuff and I too would use it... If I could find it. But it helps promote hair growth. I knew a chick that was using it, and it really did help her. So, you can google it I guess order it online if you're desperate.



Hairstylists, what can I do to grow out my hair?

Rub olive oil into the scalp and massage to promote hair growth or else massage the scalp with egg yolk, leave for 1 hour and wash. Try http://solutionsforhairgrowth.blogspot.c... for more remedies and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment