Monday, July 27, 2009

Where can I get a combination folligen and emu oil-based product to improve the condition of my hair

I am African-American and have chemically relaxed my hair with box treatments for years. I have noticed that I do not get the same results with my chemical relaxing that I once did in the past. My hair does not respond as readily to conditioning products that I once used and the relaxer does not last as long as it once did. I have heard a lot about the products folligen, I believe it is found in Minoxidil, and Emu oil as excellent products to restore damaged hair due to modern day styling techniques. I have not, however, seen much information on over-the-counter products containing them besides Minoxidil for hair loss and Super Strength Blue Emu Oil for joint and muscle pain. Are there any stores that carry these products like Walmart, Walgreen's, or GNC?



Where can I get a combination folligen and emu oil-based product to improve the condition of my hair?

I buy emu products off ebay, you can also use "aussie hair insurance - leave in conditioner " which contains aloe and castor oil, which is great for damamged hair, there are also things you can do at home like olive oil treatment twice a week, mayonaisse treatment, many and most oils are great for hair, even canola oil or vegetable oil, hope this helps !



Where can I get a combination folligen and emu oil-based product to improve the condition of my hair?

My hair is also relaxed %26amp; I've decided to give emu oil a shot myself. I just purchased the oil itself off ebay. Faintly smells like chicken.Extra virgin olive oil is excellent also. How are you applying your relaxers? No-lye relaxers are harder on the hair than lye relaxers %26amp; timing is very crucial w/ either type. If you've been using a no-lye relaxer I strongly recommend stretching your relaxer for about 8 weeks (so you'll have about 1" of new growth) %26amp; then ONLY touching up your roots w/ a lye relaxer. Be sure to base your scalp %26amp; try not to overprocess. You should never relax your entire head if a relaxer has been applied once before.Your hair right now could be overprocessed or underprocessed depending on how careful you are while self relaxing. Also your hair might be growing at a faster rate, that is why it may seem like you need another relaxer every time you turn around. If your hair is damaged %26amp; breaking I highly recommend Nexxus emergencee then following up w/ a moisturizing conditioner free of any proteins like nexxus humuctress, nectaress, or aphogee balancing moisturizer conditioner. You have to make sure that you follow up w/ a moisturizing conditioner w/ out protein otherwise your hair will be too hard from the protein %26amp; snap off. Don't be scared though because it will dramatically improve the condition of your hair %26amp; cut down on the breakage. If you're looking for something to make your hair grow faster I doubt anything will help you %26amp; I wouldn't recommend using minoxidil unless you seriously have thinning hair. Lot's of people have had success using a product called Shapley's MTG on their scalps. It is an equine product that has sulfur in it. I've tried it myself %26amp; it's alright, but it smells like bacon. If u decide to try it, be sure you don't have any in your hair the week of your relaxer because your scalp will burn. I hope that helps some in your hair journey. If you're trying to grow your hair long be VERY careful with it, keep it covered at night %26amp; try not to use heat styling tools more than 1x a week after you wash %26amp; be patient :) Good luck!



Where can I get a combination folligen and emu oil-based product to improve the condition of my hair?

i'm not sure. sry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment