Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Please! Hair experts HELP! (need styling tips)?

This has been bugging the hell out of me for the last 20 years. Finally I decided to find a hair forum and go to the experts.



Im a 21 yr old male. Mexican/Native American (50/50) and I have VERY THICK VERY STRAIGHT hair. Every single hair cutter I've ever met has commented on it. I hate it. hate it hate it hate it. I cannot do a short style i.e. anything under 1/2 and inch or it will just poke straight out like a porcupine. no amount of gel,hairspray,glue, wax,putty will control it. Right now I have a faux hawk and the top looks nice @ about 2 inches(I use garnier putty) but the sides are approximately 3/4" and it will not lie down against my head. Its always trying to poke straight out away from my head. It doesn't sound like a big problem but it is. It makes my head appear much fatter/wider than it is. which makes my face look more round (when i already have a round face). Which makes me look fatter (when I am not fat at all). I have to wait for the sides to get about 1 1/2 inches before i can "slick" it down which makes my face look more oval and compliments my jawline. But to have the side of my hair that long when trying to do a short haircut looks real weird not to mention it looks like a mullet in the back. and if i wanted to go swimming (or surfing like I do alot) you can forget it. Once all the wax is gone my hair just puffs into a puffball afro mohawk thingy. cant drive with the windows down and paranoid about people messing with my hair.



Thats the problem. A friend of mine said to try a hair relaxer from wal-mart in the African American womens section. He did it to his hair and it felt gross, real wirey and stiff. Would this make my hair "relax" and lie down? I know its to straighten curly hair but my friend does the same faux hawk and his looked sweet and he said there was nothing to keep it up. The other thing I've been considering is growing my hair out to a long surfer/skater style. Ive tried this before but still had a huge problem with the whole puff ball deal when getting out of the pool or any time the gel came out. Also the back looked terrible just a lump of hanging hair no flip or anything to it. just like 4 inches or gel'ed crap.



Anyone with a solution or suggestion would be a lifesaver. Ideally, in my dreams , I want a short stylish style that I don't have to worry about my motorcycle helmet, or surfing or wresting or sweating or driving windows down. Even a long style that has a little style or movement other than just a clump or hair that makes me look like the Beetles. pretty much just like a Caucasian super sweet hair-du so I can get all the super sweet white girls that I get along with much more then anyone else.



If you still dont get what Im talking about, let me continue to describe. I can wax the side down right now @ 3/4 inch and blow dry it, but after about 2 minutes it automatically pops back back. at like a 45% angle from my head, making it look like a freakin mushroom.



okay I'm done.



Thanks!



Please! Hair experts HELP! (need styling tips)?

let your hair grow out get a permon the sides not NOT spiral just curled under then cut it

No comments:

Post a Comment