Monday, July 27, 2009

Black Women??? Hair Question?

I am african american and TOO much hair is in my comb, I have children and have been told that this is natural do to epidurals and anesthesia, It is too the point that it looks choppy the ends are dry and brittle and I feel like I need to shave it all off and start from scratch. I have not been taking good care of my hair and can't afford to go to salon and keep hair up, MY hair is in BAD SHAPE. What choices do I have, IT does not even feel like a head of hair it feels like it is matted to my scalp, Please help, any advice would be helpful.



Black Women??? Hair Question?

First, you need to access why you think your hair is in the state it's in. I've heard that pregnancy (not the epidural) can cause temporary hair loss, but usually it grows back in within the first year or two. I think you just need to take some time out each week to give your hair a little TLC.



Are you using a curling iron/pressing comb/blow dryer in your hair regularly? If so, stop now! All of them suck the moisture from your hair and contribute to the choppy, dry strands. Use a deep conditioner once a week and try setting your hair on rollers to avoid having to use hot styling instruments. Try using a satin pillowcase, as cotton ones are rough on hair ends. Check what kind of brush you're using. Natural bristle brushes are much more gentle on our kind of hair, as opposed to synthetic, plastic ones.



If you can afford to go to the salon twice a year, even if it's just to get your ends evened up, that'd be great! If not, you could try trimming some of the scragglier ends yourself (only when wet, though!).



I hope some of this helps!



Black Women??? Hair Question?

can you have it braided, or cut it really short?



a shorter style could be really chic if you have good facial structure.



Black Women??? Hair Question?

my sister went through the same thing, she cut hair her to a nice short cut and just grew it out again. her hair was too damaged for her to even try to keep. your probably going through the same thing, you may just have to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment