Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can I have a relaxer on my wavy hair?

Hi! I have always wanted straight hair and I know that African American girls get relaxers to straighten their hair. I want to know wether this would work on my hair. I have type long hair that is wavy and thick. I am Italian and Mexican.



Can I have a relaxer on my wavy hair?

I have a relaxer on my hair and it made my hair softer and really easy to brush, but it is still wavy. If you want pin straight hair than you should get japanese hair straightening. My friend has that and her hair is really straight. Be careful because it dries out some hair types! Also if you get scabs and stuff on your scalp sometimes do not get this done because you have to sit in the salon with chemicals in your hair for hours, and it will REALLY sting on cuts.



Can I have a relaxer on my wavy hair?

The answer is yes, you certainly can. I have very curly, wavy hair and I use straighteners on my hair at times. I do it myself at home, but please be careful to read the box as to how badly it can damage your hair. I try to use the ones that come with good conditioners to replenish the oils in your hair. You can also do a hot oil treatment within a week if you need it.



Can I have a relaxer on my wavy hair?

BE careful! The relaxers that you can purchase (Dark n Lovely etc) are made for 'black' type hair, and this will casue extreme damage to your hair because it is not coarse enough and will not be able to withstand the penetration of the chemicals.



If you want to relax your hair, see a haridresser, do not buy the stuff in the stores, it is not made for your hairtype.

No comments:

Post a Comment