Thursday, July 23, 2009

Has anyone got the thermal straightening done to their hair? Could you please provide information -

...considering having it done %26amp; so far what I have found on the internet mmakes me think it is okay. I have called around to a few salons in my area that offer it %26amp; was told that it is a relaxer - please forgive me but aren't relaxers for african americans who have extremely corse hair? (not meant in any prejudicial way!). I have fine but frizzy hair %26amp; it curls in the most unruly manner %26amp; I doget highlights done about every 4 months. I am worried about 2 things primarily - 1 - will my hair get so weighed down I will look like a grease ball - OR - will it fry my hair? I am really tired of it taking me two hours to straighten my hair just to have it last a day or two at the most.



Has anyone got the thermal straightening done to their hair? Could you please provide information - I am...?

When I was younger I had this done. Basically its like a perm, only instead of rolling your hair and putting the solution in, they put the solution in and use a fine toothed comb to pull the hair %26amp; straighten the shafts. Personally, I reccomend buying a good shampoo and conditioner such as biologe and a nice straightening iron (chi brand) and just blow drying %26amp; straightening the hair every day. The downfall to a chemical relaxer is that it will cause your hair to become brittle and dry. Which if you currently get highlights every four months, it doesn't sound like it would be a good thing for you.



If you decide to do it, you should definitly get a good high end shampoo and conditioner %26amp; some hot oil treatments to keep your hair as healthy as possible. Good luck %26amp; feel free to let me know if you have any questions.



Has anyone got the thermal straightening done to their hair? Could you please provide information - I am...?

No relaxers are not just for african american hair. There are a lot of white chicas out there with unruly tightly wound curls too! :)



However, even gals that have just regular curls or waves we can do relaxers on.



The things you need to be concerned about is the fact that your hair is not just color treated but it's bleached. Also the fact that your hair is fine.



There are varying degrees of relaxers that come in different strengths so just check with your stylist if she has one available that might suit your hair (gentle Thio relaxer) and if she feels comfortable doing it with your hair's condition.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment