Thursday, July 23, 2009

Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

I'm biracial. My hair is curly and dry and damaged.I really want my hair to grow a lot longer. But during the summer i go swimming alot. My hair gets sooo damaged and fried from the chemicals so i have to wash them out every time that i go swimming,,, which is about everyday!!! YIKES!! Will Nexxus be a good shampoo and conditioner for my hair if i have to wash my hair everday? Will it give my hair enough strength and moisture? If not can you list more products for me to try that will really work for my hair. You can also list African American products too.



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

The absolute best is the new brand called Organix.



It has organic active ingredients, gentle cleansers, and is sulfate free so it wont dry out your hair, plus...it smells awesome! Organix has different collectons for different hair types which are all amazing! You can get Organix at Target, Kroger, Duabe Reade, Safeway, Albertsons, etc. Its the best! You'll love it!



Check it out!



http://www.organixhair.com



.



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

yes it does work get Nexxus Humectress and Color Ensure Detangler something. The Humectress one will lock your moistures hair in and make it healthy. The Color ensure detangler..... will help with the split ends and the static electricity there are more Nexxus products i just don't know which one else. Also, Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Rewenal shampoo, conditioner, and refining mask will work as well.



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

Nexxus would be perfect for your hair because its mainly ofr people with dry hair! I've tried it and it works great!



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

I have very dry hair and I use nexxus. I use Therapy shampoo and Humectress conditioner. I also use their styling products. I think they would probably work well for you. Good luck.



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

Nexxus is ok. I am a Paul Mitchell girl...I use the color shampoo/conditioner as well as the deep conditioner.



Try this when swimming...



Before you get in the pool, wet your hair and run some conditioner through it! Your hair can only absorb so much water, so better it be full of good stuff than let it have a chance to absorb chlorine water that's going to further damage your mane. If you don't have time to condition, at least wet it with clear clean water before you get in the pool.



Never, never brush your hair wet. Always use a wide-toothed comb with some detangling stuff to minimize the amount of stress you put on your hair.



Never use heated irons on your hair unless it's fully dry.



Never use elastic bands that have those evil metal things that pull your hair. Ouch, and ouch for your tresses!



Get yourself a trim of about a half inch every 4 months or so. Hair grows half an inch a month, a little longer in the summer. It's going to take longer to reach your waist/back because it's curly and will seem shorter when it springs back up. Be patient. Get haircuts you really like along the way so you won't be tempted to chop it off.



Bleaching=a no-no if you want to grow it out. Basically, you don't want to do anything that is going to weaken the hair shaft further and keep it from growing out healthily.



Shampoo isn't going to solve your hair woes. Lots of good care and attention will!



Best of luck; it sounds like you have the type of hair a lot of women would love to have! Curly and thick= woo!



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

I am going to go with some of what pieandchips said. First of all, most people say that hair is hair. Trust me I have been in this industry for years, and I can tell you that it is not! I know that you have a love for swimming, but that chlorine is a definite no no for you if you plan to grow your hair. But if you MUST swim try this:



Apply a conditioner to your hair like Redken UV rescue and BRAID your hair and put 2 swim caps on or one swim cap and a bandanna under it. I know this may sound crazy, but you want to keep that chlorine out of your hair. Redken also has a shampoo that is chealating. It removes minerals and chemicals from your hair.



After you are done swimming, shampoo with the After Sun Shampoo to remove all traces of chlorine. Then condition again. PLEASE remember that moisture is what you need to keep your hair healthy. Chlorine drys your hair out so much, you have to remove it and moisturize!!



Would Nexxus be a really good product for my hair?

One thing to be aware of, the Nexxus now being sold in stores is not the same Nexxus salons used to carry. You results could be different.



A couple years ago Alberto-Culver bought the Nexxus line, and began changing formulas. Some of the products were changed so much that people were complaining, including me. As a result, the salon I go to, and the distributor that serves them no longer carry Nexxus products.



Since I quit using Nexxus, I switched to Herbal Essences or Avon hair products. I've been quite happy with either product line.



Apply a good leave-in conditioner to your hair before you go swimming. It will help protect your hair from the chlorine and chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment