Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

I am half latin and african american so my hair is a lot easier to manage. My daughter has very thick, dry hair that sucks up all moisturizers and hair oils. I am currently using baby love on her hair and it isn't working. I comb her hair and it never looks neat. I don't want to have to use harsh chemical products like gel so what products should I use? She is two and I was wondering is it to early to take he to a hair dresser to get her hair pressed?? I dont know please help!!!



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

my daughter has thick hair, so when i wash it, i use a blowdryer with a comb attachment and it straghtens it out really nicely.



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

when you do it put grease and get it conrowed(braided on head) that what i do with my hair. (Im 12)



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

have you considered crushing prenatal vitamins into her shampoo?



that will soften it and make it healthier



+ you could always braid it ^.^



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

lancome has a pretty good hair mask out. do that and then straighten it. my mom got this straightener, it heats up to 460 degrees instantly and it is titanium so it is not supposed to give you split ends. it works like CRAZY! find something like that. your daughters hair will be hotter (and i mean that in a good way) than a KFC in the bahamas ( i have no idea where that came from)



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

Well I'm black and my mom is white. I'm adopted. She had no idea what the hell to do with my hair. She sort of just put it up..in a pony tail on the top of my head...please don't do that to your daughter, hehe. Anyway...when I was four, she cut it very short...like some African American actresses do..very very short, looked ok...idk..that'd be a quick fix...I don't think I'm too helpful.



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

My daughter used baby shampoo..its mild on her hair..and very smooth,gentle...try any baby shampoo on your daughters hair..



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

I'm bi-racial too and sometimes my hair can be hard to handle. You could try taking her to a hairdresser just to see what kind of products they would recommend but don't press her hair... she's too young.



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

Redken has a product line called fresh curls they have a leave in conditioner/defrizzer it works well and smells awesome. dont press her hair she is too little she wont sit still enough and could get burned .



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

Bye a hair straighner. Chi's work the best. They are pricy but worth it!



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

Hello you need to buy Redken's Heavy Cream Deep Conditioner ($20.00+) use it twice a week until you can feel the difference on her hair, you can leave it on for at least 20 min the first couple times you use it, she doesn't have to be in the tub, just put it in slightly damp (clean) hair and let her play (you can even try to leave a little in her hair, I have had clients who had severely dry hair who used the heavy creme as a leave in, just use less when using it as a leave-in). Then once a week, softer hair is easier to comb. When her hair is wet, never use a comb to detangle, use a paddle brush or a huge, wide toothed comb, if her hair is super curly a brush may not be your answer...try Ampify's leave in-conditioner ($14.00). You should french-braid her hair, if you can braid, great! Try to braid on wet hair quite tightly, she doesn't sound old enough for a face lift, so not to tight!! Put a bandanna on her hair at night time and she should be able to wear it for a couple of days. If you cannot braid, have it layered, not too short and have it texturized, not with thinning shears, but with normal scissors, and on dry hair, this will thin it out nicey. If she has curly, course hair, this is not an option, you can try to have a hair stylist use a razor on her hair, just on a small section and then you will know if thinning with a razor is an option for you guys. I think your daughter is too young for anything more than a simple hair cut, a couple of hours is a long time to ask a 2 yr old to sit still, trust me on that one!!! I hope this helps...Good Luck!!



How do I really do my daughter's(thick,dry) hair?

Go to a beauty supply and get a product that is called Mendex. It is a thick cream. I would also pick up a product called Infusium 23 that is a liquid leave in treatment. Both are really great products that work well. I have worked with both products in hair salons in the past.



First wash your daughters hair and then work this product (Mendex) through your daughters hair. Make sure to work it in well all through out her hair to the ends. Do not wash out. After applying the product place a plastic bag over her hair so it will stay moist, twist it closed and put a clip on it to keep it closed. If you have a hair dryer to put over the hair, do so to heat up. Read the directions as to how long to leave it on. If all you have is a blow dryer you can use that to warm it up and allow it to work its way into the cuticles of the hair shaft. After it is finished rinse out the product.



I would do this a couple of times or so a month. I'm sure that you will find that your daughters hair is less dry and possibly more manageable after doing these treatments. I'm sure that you will find that your daughters hair becomes a lot less dry after using these treatments. You could also take her to a salon it you want to have some one else do them for you. But as you say she is two, it may be just easier for you to do this at home where she may be more comfortable. That is up to you.



Another product that you can also use is called.



Infusium 23, this is a leave in hair treatment that you can buy that is also made dry or unmanageable hair. Wash your daughters hair and apply on her hair. You will want to work the product all the way through her hair even through to the ends of it. Work it in well, then comb her hair and style as you normaly would. Read the directions.



Infusium 23 Does NOT get Rinsed out. You can use this every time that you wash your daughters hair. It will not make the hair sticky or gummy at all. If you let the hair air dry, it will feel crunchy. But it can be brushed out and it will feel soft and it won't leave any flaking or any residue. I use the infusium 23 on my own hair all the time, before I try to comb out my hair. I keeps my hair from being tangled, makes it easier to comb through.



Both are really great products. The Mendex is a very heavy hair condictioner meant for extreemly dry hair. And the Infusium is great for every time you wash the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment