Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hair dye question?

I am african-american and I recently dyed my hair about three weeks ago. I wasn't that impressed so I decided not to go back to her and get my hair done again. I am wondering if I need to find a place to go to touch up my color and if so how often. It seems that the color has faded a bit and I would like to keep it looking fresh. So I guess the question is when gettng your hair colored is it necessary to get it touched up or not. or can I do it at home? Thanks



Hair dye question?

Clairol.com has a lot of good information on hair dye.. You can even try on different colors with your uploaded pic!



Hair dye question?

Since you're african american, i'd probally avoid doing it yourself for right now, but you should go every 4-6 weeks depending on your hair growth. You might find a good cheap place and find its worth paying someone over trying to do it yourself. You can buy special shampoos and conditioners anywhere (drugstores, walmart, cvs, target) that will help hold the color so it wont fade out. When you find someone you like doing your hair ask questions, like how often she/he thinks its necessary to get it dyed or touched up, and if they can give you some pointers on doing it yourself. Also while looking for someone to do it, check the salon and ask how often they do african american hair, because it can be very different to work with, so its good to have someone expierianced working with your hair. Good luck.



Hair dye question?

You should definitely redo your hair if it's faded, or more importantly your roots are starting to show. You can do it at home, but than you risk dying it the wrong color or over-dying it. I would definitely recommend doing it at a professional salon. But if not, just be really, really careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment