Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I'm an African American 21 year old. I've had long hair my whole life and that's a huge part of me--my hair. I want to cut my hair because I want my hair maintainence to be a little easier. Some people may be upset because they like my hair long and it's rare these days to find black girls with (real) long hair. I don't want to regret it once I'm done, but I'm pretty sure that I won't because this is something that I've always wanted and I know I'm old enough now to do it. I'm getting it done today so what do you say? Cut or no cut?



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

If you want to cut it i say go ahead! I was faced with a similar situation...I grew up with really long hair and my family (esp. my mom) always admired it and told me never to cut it. But when it all boils down to it, you have to live with all of that darn hair!! So you should do what you want with it. People with shorter hair usually don't understand all of the mess you have to go through with longer hair. When i turned 18 i decided to cut all of mine off...I hated it. but i thought that's what i wanted at the time. I still keep it considerably shorter (shoulder length) and im very comfortable with it now. I would suggest starting out slow and keep cutting a little bit more off until it gets to a comfortable length. Also, don't worry so much about what other people will think. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

no way



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Do what YOU want to do.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

No cut!



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

don't live your life for everyone else cut it.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Do what YOU want to do. If you want to cut it, cut it.



Donate it... it'll make you feel good, and people can't complain then.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Please do not cut it. As a man, I love women with long hair! Not butch cuts.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

If you decide to do it remember, you can donate it to a charity like Locks of Love.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

it's your hair, it's your choice. You can always grow it back out, if you don't like it.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I'm not African American but....when I had very long hair and decided to get it cut I went just a little shorter than what I had.....worked with it for awhile and then decided to go a bit shorter....and so on. I think if you do it as a gradual process...first others will get used to it and so will you and you will discover what length you feel comfortable at. I have decided over time I enjoy my long hair better so I've let it grow back out but I wanted to let you know what I did ....maybe it would work for you.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

maybe cut it to a nice sholder length and take if from there. If the change isn't too shocking or drastic, cut it again. I would leave a little length. it's hard to grow hair back!



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

don't cut it if you're not sure. just get a trim or cut up to 2 inches.



i've cut my hair short before and have regretted it.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Honestly, do what you want to do. If you want to cut it then go ahead. Its your hair in the end and you're the one who has to live with it. You can't always keep others happy, keep yourself happy first.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

No way!! Your hair sounds gorgeous!! V jealous!! If you want to cut it then sure but be prepared it may not look v good ... have a consultation with your hairdresser before anything goes ahead... they can give you their opinion .... if you decide you don't want to get it done just buy speial shampoos and conditioners to manage your hair ...



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Just cut it like an inch. It will make things a little easier, but your hair will still be really long.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

No you should not cut your hair, just think of how long it would take to grow it back again if you don't like your new look.



Don't think you can just put extensions in to replace it because then you are just like thousands of other wannabes -you have real long hair, be thankfull for it.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

If you cut it, Donate your hair to locks for love.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

cut your hair. then donate your locks to kids with cancer. they make wigs out of your hair for them to wear to make them feel normal. this way, even if you think back and wish you hadn't cut your hair, you'll at least be happy in the fact that you brought a smile to a childs face by donating hair to make a wig for them.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

If you decide to cut it, please consider donating it to locks of love.



http://www.locksoflove.org/



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Go for a trim at first and see how you like it a bit shorter. Long hair if it's cared for properly is for any age and any race if it suits you....take a look at the gorgeous 60 year old Diana Ross.



My vote? Trim. Good luck with your new look, no matter what you decide.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I think u should go for it. i mean if u had long hair all ur life maybe its time 4 a change. people experiment with their hair all the time. i have short hair and i love it. but make sure that the cut suits ur face. if u hav a long face then don't cut ur hair too short maybe shoulder length.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I say cut it



Gets you out of that comfort zone....and that's okay



you will always be the same person, just with new hair!!



Great thing is that you can always grow it back with patience



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Why not try. I just cut 5 inches off mine. I miss my long hair but im glad I tried it and I must admit its sooooo much easier and quicker to style. It feels healthier now too. I want my long hair back but at least I know it will grow back and I tried something diff.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I THINK YES.AND IF YOU GET TIRED YOU CAN ALWAYS WEAR EXTENTIONS UNTIL IT GROWS BACK.YOU WILL BE NERVES AT FIRST BUT THEN YOU FEEL SO LIGHT AND FREE.I'M ALSO AN AA WHO HAD LONG HAIR BUT CHOPPED IT OFF.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

I don't think so, but do what you feel is right.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Every time I cut my hair short, I regret it %26amp; grow it out all over again. Just make sure that is really what you want before you do it.



Maybe try a wig first, to see how it would look on you first.



My hair is long and REAL. Should i cut it??

Here's what I think:



I had waist length hair a few years ago, and I donated 14 inches to locks of love. I still had long hair -- past my shoulders. If you have hair that long, I think you should donate it -- you only need 10 inches, and then it will be shorter, but still kinda' long. If you don't want to cut that much off, just trim a few inches off. Your hair will look healthier, and it will be more manageable.



Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment